Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Bringing in child pages, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training (2014).
- With the Master Layout created in the previous lesson,…we're all set to spin up some…child pages and integrate away.…The Laravel syntax for child pages…is very straightforward,…but as you'll see truly flexible.…So I'm going to create a new Blade template…called programs.blade.php and I'll put…it in my Views folder.…At the top of the file, I'll link it…to the Master Layout that we created…in the previous lesson and for that,…I'll use @extends and then name the file.…
Now you want to use dot syntax…rather than slashes for paths,…so we enter layouts.main.…Now the first of the regions that I want…to bring in is the title.…If we go over, we take a look on line 5,…you see we have an @yield title there,…so I want to replace that…and you replace it with @section…and then use the same name…title, and of course the names need to be unique,…and I'll give the title, we're within…the tag already so all I need to do is enter in the text…Roux Academy Programs,…and then end the @section with an @stop.…
Okay, now let's bring in the body.…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.