Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Authenticating users, part of Laravel 4 Essential Training.
- Now that our app can register new users…and the basic login and logout views are established,…time to actually authenticate the users…and then test that authentication…by restricting access to a page.…Let's set up that restricted page first.…The content I want to use is a special page…that highlights one of the artists at Roux Academy…in a preview for an upcoming show.…So I have it all set up in the chapter 6,…06_07 folder of the exercise files.…
Let's go there, bring that open,…expand 06_07, go to the start,…and then I can just drag spotlight.blade.php.…I'll hold down my alt key to copy it…and put it in views.…Verify that I want to do that in my code editor…and open it up.…And there we go.…Now, let's set up a root to it…so we can check it out.…Again, we can use a simple closure one…in roots.php.…
Let me scroll down a tad.…So, Route::get and we want to get spotlight.…Put in our function code…and we're gonna return View::make spotlight.…Semicolons all around.…Now let's go check it out.…I'll save the page, open my browser…
Need a quick dive into Laravel? Check out this short primer, Up and Running with Laravel.
- Installing Laravel and Composer
- Routing requests
- Filtering routes
- Incorporating advanced controllers
- Creating a basic Blade template
- Developing a layout with child pages and forms
- Integrating a database
- Creating tables via migrations
- Outputting data
- Building a Laravel app
- Authenticating users
- Deploying Laravel code
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: In the "Installing Laravel" video, the author provides instructions for changing permissions on the web server directory, as well as setting up a new project and cd-ing to the new app directory, using commands on a Mac. What commands do I type in Windows?
1. Introduction to Laravel
2. Fundamental Laravel Concepts
3. Outputting Laravel Code
4. Integrating Databases
5. Querying Data with Eloquent ORM
6. Building a Laravel App
7. Deploying Your Laravel Code
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.