Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video The challenges of using raw files, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- When shooting raw, there are some challenges.…One of the most obvious ones is file size.…You'll note that the raw files range anywhere…from three to eight times bigger.…And depending upon the manufacturer,…this size can vary.…The key here is that the raw file…contains all the information that the camera saw,…while the JPEG discards substantial amounts of this.…For me, the raw file is a safety net.…A lotta times when shooting time lapse,…unpredictable things will happen.…The lighting conditions could change,…maybe quite suddenly, from cloud coverage.…
Or perhaps you're shooting a tough time of day,…like sunrise or sunset, where the lighting conditions…change quite quickly.…By having raw, it's a lot easier to make changes.…And, even if you're tweaking the camera settings…as you go, it's gonna be simpler with the raw files…to key frame those changes…to make those changes quite subtle.…Now, we'll explore that key framing…with LRTimelapse in a bit.…Another drawback of raw files is the write speed.…So if you're shooting time lapses…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Time-Lapse Video (2013)with Richard Harrington3h 27m Appropriate for all
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.