Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video The benefits of using raw files, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- When it comes to shooting raw,…many photographers have embraced the benefits…with their standard photography work flows.…Of course, with time lapse,…the thought of capturing hundreds,…if not thousands of raw files,…can be a bit daunting.…We'll explore the negative sides next,…but let's start by focusing on the positives.…What are some of the benefits of shooting raw?…Well, to do that, let's jump right into Lightroom,…and take a look at some raw, versus JPEG files.…I'm going to launch Lightroom,…and create a new catalog.…The easiest way to do this,…is to hold down the Option or the Alt key,…when launching Lightroom.…
This will bring up a new dialogue…that invites you to select a catalog,…or make a new one.…Let's make a new catalog for this class,…so our standard Lightroom catalog isn't affected…by the Exercise Files.…I'll Create a New Catalog,…and I'm just going to name this lynda_TL.…And I'll click Create.…Lightroom opens, and there are currently…no images in this new catalog.…What I need to do is import some images.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Time-Lapse Video (2013)with Richard Harrington3h 27m Appropriate for all
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.