Learn how to use Photoshop Lightroom and LRTimelapse to create compelling time-lapse sequences.
- Hi, my name's Rich Harrington, and welcome to this course where we're going to focus on creating time-lapse movies using Adobe PhotoShop Lightroom and a companion product called LRTimelapse. In this case, we're going to focus on an all raw workflow. I'll address some of the pitfalls, as well as the major benefits of sticking with all raw files. Sure, they're a bit bigger, but it leads to a much higher quality output. And I'll show you several specific examples of where raw saves the day. Once we get those raw files, we'll bring them into Adobe PhotoShop Lightroom, and post-process.
Additionally, I'll show you the companion application of LRTimelapse which makes it really easy to address issues, such as major exposure changes, or flicker, And to deal with keyframing of the raw files to really take care of subtle changes over time or even dramatic changes, when you have to touch the camera and make physical adjustments to the settings. Once that's all done, we'll focus on exporting files. LRTimelapse offers some direct export to video options, plus we'll explore exporting still images from Lightroom and then using Adobe and Apple software to combine those.
I'll walk you through using PhotoShop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, as well as QuickTime Pro. The end goal is that you'll be quite comfortable to create the best looking time-lapse movies. Now remember we have several more time-lapse classes available here on lynda.com, so you may want to check some of those out to give you more details about shooting, or to help you understand particular production workflows. This is mostly going to be a post-production class. But if you've already shot your images or you're looking to take it to the next level, we're going to go pretty deep here and I think you'll enjoy the techniques to really get the best looking shot.
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. The Visual Workflow
6. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
7. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.