Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Splitting images by scenes, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- Now that you've got the shots loaded,…it's a good idea to split them up…into separate subfolders.…After all, within some of these images…are gonna be a lot of shots that aren't usable.…Maybe it got too bright, or too dark…in the middle of your time-lapse…and you can't recover those.…Or perhaps, there is five or six test shots…as you were checking focus…and playing with your exposure settings.…In any case, it's a good idea to get rid…of the shots you don't want,…and to sort them out by scenes.…In a long shooting day, I could have three…to maybe 10 different shots that I've captured…depending upon if I'm shooting night time-lapse or day time.…
It's important that I split those out…into separate subfolders so it's a lot easier…to work with them both in Lightroom and LRTimelapse.…Let's explore how to do this.…Now, I'm gonna leave the JPEGs alone…because I don't really need them.…But at the raw file level,…I could look at things and really start…to get an idea on shots.…Remember, you could adjust the size…and tell things to really arrange by name.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Time-Lapse Video (2013)with Richard Harrington3h 27m Appropriate for all
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.