Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Renaming image sequences, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- You might also decide after bringing the photos in…that getting them a more descriptive name…would be beneficial.…This is also particularly useful if you have to discard…an image within the sequence.…If there's a gap in numbering within the image sequence…the time-lapse application will often split it…into a new shot or insert color bars or an empty space.…Plus getting files renamed will cut down on problems.…Oftentimes when I go out and shoot…I'm bringing multiple cameras…and a lot of times my file names will repeat.…
Plus, depending upon your camera,…those names could be repeating every 10 thousand…or every 100 thousand pictures,…and while that sounds like a lot of pictures…it's not in the world of time-lapse.…On a recent ten day shoot I definitely…went all the way around to the other side…and started having repeated numbers,…but by renaming my files I had unique file names…that made it easier to organize…and smoothed out the post-production process.…Let's do a quick rename here inside of Lightroom.…With a selection of images highlighted…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie from a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.