One piece of software that you can create a time-lapse movie with from start to finish is Adobe Lightroom. How do refine your time-lapse images in Lightroom to make them pop? In this video, Richard Harrington walks you through how to add the finishing touches your time-lapse images in Lightroom.
- Once you feel that the exposure, color,…and overall shape of the image look pretty good,…you're going to want to go through…with a few additional refining touches.…Two of those are noise and sharpening.…And you'll find them under the details tab.…Now, as you drag through here, you can choose the target,…and highlight a region that you want to look at.…This gives you a 100% view.…As you drag this sharpening slider over,…you'll notice that It really start to sharpen the image.…However, a lot of noise is being added.…
That's what masking comes in.…Now, you don't know which value to use,…so if you hold on the option or alt key…as you drag the mask,…the mask updates as a black and white file,…and it's easier to see where it's being applied.…In this case, only the white areas are affected.…So the sharpening was useful, as it sharpened the edges,…and some of the cloud details without going too aggressive.…You can also option or alt drag the radius,…and detail slider, to balance out the image,…and really see what's going on.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. The Visual Workflow
6. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
7. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.