Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Reducing flicker in a time-lapse sequence, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- Now that you've got the basic workflow down…with LRTimelapse, let's explore…a couple of other options inside the workflow.…These'll handle tough situations like flicker,…as well as extensive time changes.…To start, I'll switch to folder 5,…and in here I have three different shots.…Let's begin with 5A, with some flicker.…Now, in this case, the flicker is not super-pronounced,…but it is caused by changes in the lighting…due to the clouds moving in and out of the scene.…
To start, switch the workflow over…to the Deflicker Workflow.…This'll read the images in.…Once everything's loaded,…you can click Initialize.…I let it process through.…You'll notice that the spikes in the blue line here…are indicating changes in exposure.…As the clouds move through midday here,…it's easy to see how we had…lots of spikes and fluctuation.…Let's pop that out.…
All those changes equate to flicker.…We had some pretty intense lighting changes…in this particular scene, so even though…I was shooting with a manual aperture,…I did have unwanted fluctuation.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. The Visual Workflow
6. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
7. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.