Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Processing a night-to-day time-lapse sequence in Adobe Camera Raw, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- Now that the metadata's stored,…I'm ready to switch to Bridge and load it in.…Make sure you navigate…to the correct folder and open it up.…You'll see the count of images…at the bottom, in this case, 289.…You'll need to let this count up…until all of the stars have been located.…When this reaches the same number, in this case, 289,…I'll know that the keyframes are loaded.…Looks like it's completed, so let's see those keyframes.…A lot of frames, but a tough situation…as we go from nighttime into daytime.…
I'll select all and choose Open in Camera Raw.…First image, pretty straightforward.…Let's do an auto adjustment, pull the exposure…down a bit, recover the highlights and the shadows,…and do a custom white balance.…After all, that building was actually white,…but the strong yellow lights were throwing it off a bit.…Back that off just a little for the slight hint of gold.…Boost the clarity and vibrance, and it looks pretty good.…
Remember, you have the graduated filter,…so if you'd like to pull that sky down…so it's nice and dark, you could do that.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie from a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.