Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Processing a day-to-night time-lapse sequence in LRTimelapse, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- Let's explore dealing with some time changes.…LRTimelapse makes this fairly easy to accomplish…difficult changes in exposure.…I'm going to start with a day-to-night transition.…I'll select folder 5B and let this transfer the metadata in.…As it loads, it's going to figure out what's going on…with this particular file.…When I shot this, you'll notice that things like…my Aperture, Shutter-speed, and ISO stayed…pretty constant throughout the shot.…In this particular case, I let the scene change,…but I didn't adjust the camera.…
Now, once that's loaded, you can scroll through.…You'll notice that a constant Aperture,…Shutter-speed, and ISO were used for this shot.…When I shot it, I began slightly overexposed.…Over time though, things started to change.…And, as the lighting changed in the scene, it got darker.…Eventually, just before sunset,…my exposure ended up being perfect.…But, as it continued to get darker and darker,…the scene eventually becomes muddy.…
Fortunately, because these are raw files,…we have tremendous latitude to fix them.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. The Visual Workflow
6. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
7. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.