Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing images into Lightroom, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's bring images into…Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.…If you haven't launched it already,…make sure you hold down the option or the alt key…when you launch Lightroom.…And this will give you a chance to create a new catalog.…We explored this option a little bit earlier…when we first created a catalog and brought in…our raw versus JPEG test files.…If you skipped this movie,…just go ahead and create a new catalog…by launching the app, holding down…the option or alt key, and selecting…to create a new catalog, just for this course.…Once you've done that, switch back to Lightroom.…
Go ahead and choose the Library module,…and click the Import button.…What we're going to do is navigate to our hard drive.…In this case, I've got my files stored on…my Drobo Mini from my shoot,…and I'll choose the folder.…Make sure you twirl it down…so you can see all of your folders within.…Note, for example, there's my RAW files,…and there's Card 1, Shot 1.…I recommend if you do this import,…that you select the folder and consider…when you import if you wanna do anything.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie from a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.