Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Essential techniques for shooting raw files, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- While this isn't a shooting class,…I'd like to cover just a couple of techniques…that will let you capture better raw files.…Let's start with the camera body.…First off with the camera body,…there's a whole bunch of lights on this camera.…If you're gonna be shooting at night…or you're gonna be capturing in situations where those…blinking lights can cause problems,…make sure you cover them up.…On the side of my camera,…I tend to stick a lot of little pieces of gaffer's tape.…It's just right there on the side.…I could peel that off…and then take that tape…and tear off small pieces.…
The benefit here is that it makes it really easy…to just cover up the LEDs on the top…or the back of the camera.…Once the camera's up and rolling,…blocking those LEDs will prevent any light spill.…This is particularly useful when you're shooting at night.…Longer exposure with raw files…could lead to a lot of bleed from those different lights…and it could really affect the color temperature of the shot…or create a distracting element.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Time-Lapse Video (2013)with Richard Harrington3h 27m Appropriate for all
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.