Learn how to crop and resize your time-lapse shot in Adobe After Effects CC.
- With the compositions built…we now just need to get the settings right.…They're a bit big for video export,…so I'm going to essentially size them down…and then crop or scale the images to better fill the frame.…Now let's start with this first sequence here,…the composition, and I'll go to Composition,…Composition Settings.…What we need to do is assign the correct size using a preset…and you'll see several options that are standard definition,…high definition, 4K, and beyond.…Now let's go ahead and size this to HDTV…and we'll go with 1080.…
Now with the preset chosen…you might need to reassign the correct Frame Rate,…but that looks good there.…1920 by 1080 at 23.976.…When I click OK you'll notice…that the image is cut off a bit.…Now if we zoom out you can continue to see the border here…and you'll notice that the picture's dimensions…are bigger than the canvas.…What I want to do is choose what part to see.…So if I twirl down my controls here for Transform…I could adjust the Scale property…to control what part is visible.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. The Visual Workflow
6. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
7. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.