Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Correcting distortion, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- There are a wide range of factors that could lead…to distortion in a time-lapse sequence.…Perhaps the camera was shooting off angle,…lower or higher than your subject,…maybe you're dealing with just lens distortion…from shooting with a really wide angle lens,…although all lens have some distortion.…Fortunately Adobe makes it easy to correct these issues.…If you go down to the Lens Correction tab…you'll notice several options, start with Basic.…Now you can Enable Lens Profile Correction.…With this particular image nothing happened…because I was shooting with a manual cinema type lens,…so it didn't recognize a profile.…
But I can choose to Remove Chromatic Aberration.…Let's zoom this image and take…a look at it at higher magnification.…And take a look at the edges.…Note the Chromatic Aberration, albeit subtle,…definitely fixes the problem.…You'll notice that there's a little highlight fringe…along the edge where the dark rock meets the bright sky.…Removing Chromatic Aberration is a very good idea.…Now if you're shooting architectural images…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie from a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.