One piece of software that you can create a time-lapse movie with from start to finish is Adobe Lightroom. How do you correct the distortion of the images across the whole time-lapse without there being discrepancies? In this video, Richard Harrington walks you through how to correct the distortion of your time-lapse images in Lightroom.
- There are a wide range of factors that could lead…to distortion in a timelapse sequence.…Perhaps the camera was shooting off angle,…lower or higher than your subject.…Maybe you're dealing with just lens distortion…from shooting with a really wide angle lens…although all lenses have some distortion.…Fortunately, Adobe makes it easy to correct these issues.…If you go down to the lens correction tab…you'll notice several options, start with basic.…You can enable lens profile correction.…With this particular image nothing happened…because I was shooting with a manual cinema type lens…so it didn't recognize a profile…but I can choose to remove chromatic aberration.…
Let's zoom this image and take a look at it…at higher magnification…and take a look at the edges.…Note the chromatic aberration, albeit subtle,…definitely fixes the problem.…You'll notice that there's a little highlight fringe…along the edge where the dark rock meets the bright sky.…Removing chromatic aberration is a very good idea.…If you're shooting architectural images…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. The Visual Workflow
6. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
7. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.