One piece of software that you can create a time-lapse movie with from start to finish is Adobe Lightroom. How do you correct the color of the images across the whole time-lapse without there being discrepancies? In this video, Richard Harrington walks you through how to correct the color of your time-lapse images in Lightroom.
- When I correct color, I generally tend to do it second.…Now, if the white balance for the image is totally off,…fix that first.…Note at the top, you do have the ability to tweak…the white balance.…You could see how it was shot, or let Lightroom guess…with Auto; choose presets such as Daylight, or Cloudy,…or anything else that makes sense.…I tend to not use Flash, obviously, but Tungsten…is pretty common for nighttime shooting.…In this case though, I'm happy with how it was shot.…
If the white balance was really off, you might have…to fix that before you made the exposure adjustments.…Once that's done, I recommend you scroll down…to the bottom area here, and take advantage of…the Presence controls.…Vibrance is going to selectively add saturation.…You could, of course, boost the overall saturation,…but you'll note that in this case the rocks are…really becoming solarized.…So I'm going to pull that back down,…and get a more natural looking rock.…
It's looking good.…I've already tweaked the tone curve, so I'll twirl that up.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. The Visual Workflow
6. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
7. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.