Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Correcting color, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- When I correct color I generally tend to do it second.…Now, if the white balance for the image is totally off,…fix that first.…Note at the top you do have the ability…to tweak the white balance.…You could see how it was shot,…or let Lightroom guess with Auto.…Choose presets such as Daylight, or Cloudy,…or anything else that makes sense.…I tend to not use Flash obviously,…but Tungsten is pretty common for nighttime shooting.…In this case though I'm happy with how it was shot.…
If the white balance was really off,…you might have to fix that before…you made the exposure adjustments.…Once that's done, I recommend you scroll down…to the bottom area here and take advantage…of the Presence controls.…Vibrance is gonna selectively add saturation.…You could of course boost the overall saturation,…but you'll note that in this case the rocks…are really becoming solarized.…So I'm gonna pull that back down,…and get a more natural looking rock.…
It's looking good.…I've already tweaked the Tone Curve so I'll troll that up,…but let's take a look at the HSL controls.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Time-Lapse Video (2013)with Richard Harrington3h 27m Appropriate for all
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Time-Lapse Video: Shooting From a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.