Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Assembling a time-lapse sequence with Photoshop, part of Creating Time-Lapse Movies with Lightroom and LRTimelapse.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you've got the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan…or the full version of Creative Cloud,…you likely have a modern version of Photoshop.…Since Photoshop CS6 Extended and both versions…of Photoshop CC and forthcoming ones,…we've been able to import image sequences…and then export video files.…Let me show you how.…Once you've launched Photoshop,…I recommend you choose Window, Workspace, and Motion.…It's also a good idea to Reset the motion workspace…so it goes back to the default layout.…
Then, choose File, New.…This brings up the New File dialog box.…You can go in and from the Film & Video Preset…category choose a preset.…720 or 1080 are the most common,…but you will find presets for 2K and 4K video.…When you click OK, it creates a new document and a timeline.…Now, I recommend you click on the button called…Create Video Timeline,…then, from the panel sub-menu, click and choose…Set Timeline Frame Rate.…
This allows you to ensure that the frame rate…works for the footage that you're importing.…23.976 is the target we've been working with so far.…
- The benefits and challenges of using raw files in time-lapses
- Organizing and renaming images
- Processing in Lightroom
- Using LRTimelapse for advanced workflows
- Reducing flicker
- Assembling movies
- Integrating other Adobe applications
Skill Level Intermediate
Dustin Farrell's Time-Lapse Photography: Start to Finishwith Dustin Farrell18m 44s Appropriate for all
Shooting a Time-Lapse Movie from a Windowwith Richard Harrington2h 11m Intermediate
1. The Benefits of an All-Raw Workflow
2. Importing Field Assets
3. An All-Lightroom Workflow
4. Basic Workflow with LRTimelapse and Lightroom
5. Advanced Techniques with LRTimelapse
6. Integrating with Adobe and Other Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.