Join Olivia Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the exercise files, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- For this course I'll be using a custom dataset for all my examples. The dataset consists of two lists. One of customers and another of distributors for a fictional company that sells eco-friendly products. Each customer in the customer list has the following properties. Last name, first name, the state they reside in, the total amount of money they have spent on purchases and a list of products they have purchased. The distributors in the distributors list each have the following properties. Name and state that they reside in.
The majority of the examples in this course will use these datasets. There will be a few videos where I'll make changes to these datasets to better demonstrate certain concepts. But I'll point that out when I do that. I've included exercise files for you to practice with and to use as reference. They're organized in numbered directories for each chapter of the course. And the individual files are named according to the topics of the related videos. In each video folder you'll find a start and end folder. I've included the end state of each program so you can look at my final product.
When following along the start folder is the place to be.
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.