Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Subsets with the filter operator, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- Filter operators are used in LINQ to retrieve a subset…of the original source sequence.…Filter queries only return the elements…that satisfy the specified criteria.…The most common filtering query operator is Where,…which returns the elements that satisfy a criteria…given by the user.…From this list,…I want to determine which customers are from Oregon.…I'll begin by defining a query.…I expect it to return a sequence of customer objects…since I'm asking for a subset of customers.…
I'll call this query State query.…Next, I'll specify the data source…using the from clause,…which is the list of customers.…Then, I'll use the Where operator to specify…that I only want the customers in Oregon to be returned.…Finally, I use the select operator to return the customers…that satisfy the Where criteria…when the query executes.…Now, that I've created the query,…I'll sub before each statement to execute it.…
For every element that is in the resulting sequence…from the state query,…I'll write the value of the first and last name property…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.