Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Queries that use the source type, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- For LINQ query to compile successfully,…the type of variables used in the query…must be compatible with the types of the source elements…and or the properties of the elements.…When you execute a query, the variable used…in the foreach statement, must also be compatible…with the source data and the LINQ query variables.…In this example query,…there are no transformations to the data.…All it does is take a subset from the source…and returns that subset.…There are three pieces in this query…that lead to no transformation in the resulting sequence.…
First the type of the source, in this case,…a list of customer objects, determines the type…for the range variable cust in the query.…Therefore, the type for the range variable…is the customer object.…Second, the data type of the resulting sequence…determines the type of the query variable.…In this case, the select class…asks to return their customer elements…that satisfy the query above it.…In this case, the customers that reside in Oregon…make up the resulting sequence.…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.