Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Parse basic groups, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- LINQ queries try to preserve the original order…of the sequence that they return.…In addition to using Ordering operators,…another way to modify the order is by grouping.…The Groupby operator groups the items…into a hierarchical sequence based on specified key.…Sometimes the result of simple Ordering Operators…can appear to be grouped.…The Order Operator returns a sequence that has a flat list,…seen over here on the left.…This can be difficult if I want to work with…each grouping of customers separately.…
As Groupby, on the other hand, a hierarchy is created…and the results will be placed into a sequence of sequences.…In other words, when performing a Groupby query,…not only is the sequence reordered,…it's also transformed since the resulting sequence…will be of a different type.…The resulting type, when using the Groupby clause,…is a sequence within a sequence,…specifically, an IEnumerable of IGroupings.…The subsequence is of the type IGrouping…and contains two parameters,…TKey and TElement.…
The type for the key…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.