Join Olivia Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Output data with the select operator, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- The Select Operator has shown up in almost…all the queries so far.…Since all queries must end with either Select or group.…But I haven't talked much about the Select Operator.…By itself, the Select Operator returns…all the elements in the source sequence.…I run this program,…and by itself the Select Operator isn't very useful.…However, it is an important operator…because without the Select clause,…we are not able to retrieve the results…of the queries we have defined.…Select is necessary to take the outcome of other queries…and return the resulting sequence.…
Select can also be used to specify transformations…to the elements of the resulting sequence.…In these situations,…the Select clause is now projecting a new sequence.…As I showed earlier, to adjust the price property values…from US dollars to euros,…I used a Select clause.…And I will write that out again.…I called it exchangeQuery.…
This Select clause projects the price value,…which is originally stored in dollars,…to euros by multiplying the price value by 0.89.…
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.