Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Memory allocation, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- In programming, you will experience…a tip in performance when using…libraries that wrap and simplify functionality.…The additional overhead comes from…converting from easy to use features…to the proper underlying calls.…This is true of LINQ queries.…If I needed the additional performance…and therefore wanted to work with that LINQ.…I can rewrite my queries using…for loop statements.…This program contains a large list of products.…And I want to find all the items…that contain the word panel.…I've created a LINQ query that returns the items…and converts it into an array.…
It will run a thousand times.…And calculates the time it took to run.…I've also created the query using a…for each loop and run it a thousand times as well.…I will run this program…and I see that total time…for each version printed to the console.…As well as the average time per run.…We see that LINQ takes longer to run.…But only by a little bit.…In general, the performance is slower with LINQ.…But in most cases the slowness…is not so great to deter developers from using it.…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.