Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Join queries with lambda expressions, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- I have the comprehension syntax…of two join queries in the opened…06_06_Lambda_Syntax_Joining_start…example program.…The first query is an inner join…that only returns pairs of customers…and distributors that reside in the same state.…To update this to lambda syntax,…I'll begin by creating the query variable…and referencing the customer list.…Next, I call the Join method…and specify that distributors is the second list…I want to mesh with the customer list.…
Now I use lambda expressions…to specify which properties…from each sequence I want to equate.…Notice that I didn't use an equals operator.…Here, equality is implied…since other comparisons are not supported…by the Join operator.…A Join query returns a sequence of matches…where each element should contain properties…from both of the matching source elements.…I've not defined an object type with these properties.…So I need to create a new datatype to use…for the results of the query.…The foreach statement is good to go as shown here.…
When I run my query, the customer distributor pairs…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.