Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Index and distinct operators, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- With the Lambda syntax in place,…I want to add some functionality that I was not…able to access with comprehension syntax,…to specify an index when filtering.…Let's consider this large sequence…consisting of amount of money customers have spent…in three different currencies.…These are results from a cross product query…where the price properties for each customer…was multiplied with an exchange rate…to give the value in three different currencies:…euro, pound and yen.…I know that every third item in the list…corresponds to the same currency.…
I can use an indexed where query to pull one set…of currency values from the list.…In this case, I'm going to pull out all the values in yen.…I'll scroll back to my main program.…I'll start a new query with the name of my query…in a source sequence.…I'll introduce the range variable and the index variable…to the left of the Lambda symbol.…I know the third element and every third element after that…is also in yen, so I'll set the Lambda expression…to grab every third element in the sequence.…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.