Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Group queries with lambda expressions, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- I have 06_05_Lambda_Syntax_Grouping_start…example program opened.…It contains two queries…written in the comprehension syntax,…using the group operator…to group customers into a sequence…within a hierarchy.…The first query groups the customers together…based on their state of residence…which produces multiple groupings.…To change this to lambda syntax,…the query variable remains the same.…As I have before, I can remove the from clause…to reference the dataset.…Now I call the GroupBy method…and create the lambda expression…to define my grouping criteria.…
Notice that there's a slight difference…in the method call compared…to the comprehension syntax.…In comprehension syntax,…the operator was group.…But when using the lambda syntax,…the operator is GroupBy.…Now I run my program…and get the same hierarchy…where the customer in the same state…are in the same subsequence.…The second query to rewrite…using lambda syntax…groups customers into only two groups:…the big spenders, who spend more…than a thousand dollars,…and those who spend less.…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.