Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Find overlap between datasets, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- There will be situations where two different collections…need to be meshed together for a query…that requires both of them.…In particular, there's a property between the two…that can be equated to find pairings.…Here, I have a list of customers and distributors.…What if I wanted to match customers up…with their local distributor?…In the customer list, I have customers…from Arkansas, Georgia, and Oregon.…In the distributor list,…I've distributors from Georgia, Oregon, and Texas.…The join clause can be used to match the customers…and distributors in the same state.…
The element in the two sequences being compared…will share some value or property that…can be compared to determine if they're equal.…Other comparisons such as greater than,…less than, and not equal…are not supported with the join clause.…In my data set, there are attributes for the customers…that do not exist for distributors…such as products bought and money spent.…They both have a property of the state…where they are located.…So I'll use that to compare the elements…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.