Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Execute a query, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- The final part of a LINQ query is…the execution of the query.…The query execution is deferred until the sequence is…iterated over in a foreach statement.…Here in the example program,…I'm asking the application to return…the results of the query with the sequence…that is available at the time of the execution…of the foreach statement.…So putting it all together,…the data source is introduced with the from clause.…In this case, it is a list of customers.…Then the query is defined…with the use of the where and select clauses.…
And finally, the query is executed using foreach.…All LINQ queries must be defined in this way.…They start with the data source…and then with either a select or group clause.…Any other operators in between indicate the type of query.…In the example, the foreach statement occurs…immediately after the query definition.…Therefore, the query is immediately performed…after being defined.…This foreach statement can be placed…anywhere below the definition in the application…and execute at a later time.…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.