Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Database setup, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- One of the most common applications LINQ…is to query SQL databases.…There are a number of different platforms for SQL.…Many provide additional extensions…to help with workflow and programming.…I'll focus on the LINQ to SQL extension,…which works with the SQL Server Express.…If you're working with other platform…there may be some difference in the API…which are specific to that platform.…LINQ queries are designed to work…with sequences of objects,…but SQL stores data as relational data,…so LINQ to SQL provides a way to map…the relational data…from the SQL server…to objects that can be used in C Sharp.…
It takes a query created in C Sharp…and converts it to a SQL query…which is sent to the SQL server to be executed.…The SQL server will return the results…as a row,…and then…LINQ to SQL will translate those rows…back to objects…that can be used in a C Sharp program.…To add the functionality for LINQ to SQL,…I'll add the following references…to the solution…and main program in the…08_01_SQL_Connect_start example project.…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.