Join Olivia Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Database query, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- With everything set up to create and execute LINQ queries…with the SQL Database,…I can create my LINQ queries in almost the exact same way…as I had before.…I've created a Where query to find the customers in Oregon.…Notice that instead of an IEnumerable,…I've specified that the return query…will have implemented the IQueryable Interface.…Up until now, I've been looking…at what are called Local queries,…and they're called that because they use collections…that are local to the application.…When working with databases,…now I am looking to execute queries on data…in a remote location,…and these are called Interpreted queries.…
The queries will ultimately need to be translated…to the query language specific to the data source.…In this case, the LINQ queries will ultimately be translated…to SQL queries when they execute.…IQueryable inherits from IEnumerable,…and helps with that translation between the LINQ queries…and the query language for the data source.…Now that the query has been defined,…I'll run it and see the same results as I had before…
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.