Join Olivia Chiu Stone for an in-depth discussion in this video Common use cases, part of LINQ with C# Essential Training.
- Because of the vast number of methods Linq provides,…there are a multitude of strong use cases for it.…Perhaps the best reason to use Linq,…is to provide an easy way to perform…complex queries with different data sources.…Imagine a company that uses an SQL data base…to keep track of their products,…sales, customers and distributors.…They want to easily be able to create XML-based…daily reports based on this data.…They also receive monthly XML-based sales reports…from their distributors.…
Creating a program to help with that,…would require the ability to query…from different sources: SQL and XML,…which would require learning the unique syntax…to create the data.…As well, the company also receives reports…from their suppliers in a non-XML format.…The data can be imported into a program…but they need to create their own functions…to query this data.…With a large variety of materials and products,…from different suppliers and different ways to combine them,…the queries can become complex…and creating custom code can become difficult.…
AuthorOlivia Chiu Stone
In LINQ with C# Essential Training, engineer Olivia Chiu introduces techniques for querying, updating, and transforming data with LINQ. She covers standard queries—such as finding overlaps in two datasets and creating hierarchies—as well as complex chained queries. She also shows how to group and join LINQ queries with lambda expressions, and use LINQ to query SQL databases and XML documents. Last but not least, Olivia provides tips for optimizing the performance of your queries.
- Creating and executing a LINQ query
- Returning results
- Changing the data source type
- Performing standard queries
- Working with lambda expressions
- Chaining and complex queries
- Querying SQL and XML
- Performing tree queries
- Using sequences, elements, and scalars
- Allocating memory
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to LINQ
Common use cases1m 45s
2. Basic LINQ Queries
3. Data Transformation
Return results as a new type1m 39s
4. Type Relationships
5. Standard Queries
6. Lambda Expressions
7. Complex Queries
8. LINQ to SQL
9. LINQ to XML
10. Other Operators
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.