Now that you've added labels, use them to simplify your searches, allowing you to manipulate groups of pods easily.
- Next up, let's talk about how we can search by labels.…In order to do that, let me create some…sample infrastructure for us to run.…I'm going to do this with kubectl create -f…sample-infrastructure-with-labels.yml.…All this is doing behind the scenes…is creating a bunch of pods…that have labels associated with them.…So I'm going to clear screen, and…do kubectl get pods.…We have some pods…and this example is a large e-commerce store…that has different teams associated with…different applications.…
For example, there's a cart application,…there's a catalog, there's a homepage…and a login application, ordering, et cetera.…And it also has different tiers, like dev,…production, staging.…Let's take a look again to see if the pods are running.…It looks like all the pods are up and running.…Next, let's take a look at the labels associated with them.…Get pods...…Great.…As you can see, we have a lot of labels…associated with the application.…
What I'm going to do is,…I'm going to reduce my font a little bit.…Once again, we notice that we have a lot of labels,…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Appropriate for all
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
Kubelet and kube proxy2m 13s
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
4. Making it Production Ready
5. Kubernetes 201
6. Advanced Topics
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.