Learn how to deploy container-based applications using Kubernetes, the world's most popular open-source orchestration engine.
- [Karthik] Have you been hearing about this term cloud-native? Are you worried that everyone around you is talking about this Kubernetes thing and you have no idea where to get started? Then you've come to the right place. Hi, I'm Karthik Gaekwad. I blog on theagileadmin.com and I work at Oracle where I work on the Kubernetes team all day long. I wrote this course for you because I found Kubernetes overwhelming to get started and wanted to make the journey a lot easier for you. We'll cover the basics of what containerization is and where Kubernetes fits in.
Then, we'll dive into some demos to see things actually working. We'll cover topics like deployments, services, secrets, and crons. Finally, I'll cover some advance topics and best practices. So, let's get cubing.
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.