Deploy a daemonset and stateful set applications, and learn about how they operate.
- [Instructor] A daemon set ensures that all nodes run…a copy of a specific pod.…As nodes are added to the cluster,…pods are added to them as well.…Example of a daemon set would be running your logging…or monitoring agent on all of your nodes.…In this example, I'm going to use a simple busy box…container and deploy it as a daemon set.…This is my yaml for the daemon set.…As you can see, it's a kind of daemon set,…with a spec of example daemon set specifically…it's an image busybox.…
Let's go ahead and deploy this.…We deploy this by the kube ctl create minus f…daemon set . yaml command.…Pretty similar to how we've done other deployments before.…To fetch them, we can do a kube ctl get daemon sets.…We notice that we have the example daemon set…up and running and it's desired, current, ready,…up to date, and available.…You'll also notice this node selector…which I'll get into in a second.…
If we look at our pods,…you'll notice that we have a pod running.…Great!…The daemon set is working as expected.…This is not something new that we haven't seen before.…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Appropriate for all
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
Kubelet and kube proxy2m 13s
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
4. Making it Production Ready
5. Kubernetes 201
6. Advanced Topics
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.