Learn about deploying a real-world application that includes a database and APIs.
- [Instructor] So far we've been talking about…simple deployments and simple services…that can be deployed using Kubernetes,…but what do real world applications look like?…In this section, we're going to take…the PHP guestbook application back via redis…and deploy that into our cluster.…First off, let's take a look and see…what's actually in the YAML file.…Vi guestbook.yaml.…You will notice that this YAML…is considerably bigger than any of the other…YAML files that we've seen so far.…It has a service for the redis-master,…a deployment for the redis-master…that has information about the container.…
It uses the redis e2e image.…Following up there's a service…for the redis-slave…as well as the deployment for the service service.…It uses the gb-redisslave image version one,…and, finally, there's a service for the front end.…Looks like they've called the app guestbook,…and it's exposing a node port on port 80.…
This is backed by its deployment with name frontend,…and it seems to be using the gb-frontend image.…Also it exposes port 80 of the container port.…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
Kubelet and kube proxy2m 13s
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
4. Making it Production Ready
5. Kubernetes 201
6. Advanced Topics
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.