Learn about why Kubernetes may be the right containerization platform to pick for an enterprise, and learn about the Kubernetes mindset.
- [Instructor] To kick off the section,…I want to give you one of my favorite definitions…of Kubernetes that I've heard so far.…It's by Joe Beda,…who's one of the original Kubernetes developers,…and now the CTO of Heptio,…which is doing a lot of cool things…in the Kubernetes and Cloud Native Landscape.…He said, Kubernetes is an open source project…that enables software teams of all sizes,…from a small startup to a Fortune 100 company,…to automate deploying, scaling, and managing applications,…on a group, or cluster of server machines.…These applications can include everything…from internal-facing web apps, like content managing systems…to marquee web properties like Gmail,…to big data processing.…
I really like this quote because it encompasses…what I think about when I think Kubernetes.…In this section, we'll breakdown the different features…of Kubernetes that makes it a great platform…to manage your containerized applications.…Let's take a look at some of these.…First up, Multi-host Container Scheduling.…This feature is handled by the Kube-scheduler,…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.