- Adding Istio to a microservice
- Traffic routing and deployment
- Creating advanced route rules with Istio
- Modifying routes for Canary deployments
- Establishing MTLS credentials
- Connecting to non-MTLS services
- Connecting Istio to OpenTracing
- Improving microservice robustness
- Forcing aborts in specific applications
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Robert] Application development and then deployment has been shifting to a containerized distributed domain, and as that happens, it has become critical for the developer to understand how the distributed services work together. One of the key tools supporting this new development model is Istio, a set of components that provide a distributed and automated service mesh. In my LinkedIn Learning class, we will walk through a set of examples that highlight the key aspects of the Istio service mesh and accelerate your understanding of how one would implement Istio in your application development and production development environments.
I'm Robert Starmer, and as founder of Cumulus Technologies, I'm constantly enabling the latest technologies in the development space, supporting the acceleration of cloud-targeted deployments. So join me on a guided tour of Isto and accelerate your cloud development today.