- Logging vs. monitoring
- Enabling Prometheus monitoring
- Capturing Kubernetes infrastructure data
- Capturing container data with cAdvisor
- Monitoring application-specific data
- Filtering and combining metrics
- Displaying metrics in the web console
- Using Grafana as a dashboard
- Using metrics data
Skill Level Advanced
- [Robert] As your organization adopts Kubernetes, adding monitoring and alerting to your environment is essential to avoid outages. Prometheus has quickly become the essential monitoring and alerting tool in the operator's toolbox. It not only understands the underlying Kubernetes system state, but also incorporates the state of applications deployed on top of Kubernetes. In my LinkedIn Learning Course on Prometheus, we'll take an example-led approach to understanding how Prometheus and Kubernetes integrate, and how Prometheus has become the premier model for supporting Kubernetes monitoring and alerting.
I'm Robert Starmer, founder of Kumulus Technologies where we support our customer's efforts in getting the best value out of their cloud resources. Join me as we explore Prometheus to gain a solid foundational understanding of metrics acquisition and alerts management for Kubernetes and even other environments.