Learn about running a rolling upgrade and then rolling back a Kubernetes deployment.
- [Instructor] In this section…we are going to perform an application upgrade,…and we're going to upgrade our deployment…from one version to another, and later on…we're also going to do a rollback.…So let's take a look at the deployment…that we are going to initially push.…Vi helloworld-black.yaml.…Basically, this is similar to the hello world applications…we've been deploying so far,…but the image name here is helloworld black,…and we also have the service associated with this,…and we're going to call this the navbar-service…and the navbar-deployment.…
So we're going to do a kubectl create -f…helloworld-black, and I'm going to add…this --record, which basically means…that we're going to try and record…our rollout history, and that's something…I'll talk about in a little bit later.…This creates our regular deployment, our service,…and to see this up and running in our web browser…we can type minikube service navbar.…We've exposed it as a node port…so minikube can open this navbar service…in the web browser.…
This looks very similar to what we've seen before.…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
Kubelet and kube proxy2m 13s
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
4. Making it Production Ready
5. Kubernetes 201
6. Advanced Topics
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.