Learn about the Kubernetes pod, service, and deployment concepts in the context of the Hello World application.
- [Instructor] To see what's actually deployed…we can run a kubectl get all command.…This returns everything that's actually deployed.…So we have the deployment, the result set,…and we have the pods and services associated…with the deployment, and finally we have…the service hello world, or HW, on port 32611,…where in the last video we saw this…running on the web browser.…Let's take a look at our deployment that's up and running.…We can do this by running kubectl,…get deployment slash HW.…
This is the command that we run before…but if you do a minus O yaml,…this returns the yaml of the deployment.…So I'm gonna run that.…As you can see we have yaml from this.…This returns the actual deployment…that's up and running right now.…It has an API version which is an extension v1 beta.…It's of kind deployment with some metadata…associated with it that includes labels.…And it says run HW with name HW…which is what we called it.…It's running at the default name space.…
Next we have the specs section…which has the number of replicas running which equals one.…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
Kubelet and kube proxy2m 13s
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
4. Making it Production Ready
5. Kubernetes 201
6. Advanced Topics
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.