Learn about how to describe the application, get logs, and any debug information from the running application.
- [Instructor] Sometimes things don't work as you expect,…and you have to take a closer look to debug issues…or understand what's going on.…There are three techniques I use from a day to day basis…when I work with Kubernetes,…so let me show you what these are.…Let's look at this example scenario…where we have a bad helloworld deployment…which has zero available pods,…and running a kubectl get pods command returns the bad pod…with zero pods in ready status where the status…of error pull image.…What do you do in this scenario…or how do you debug the situation?…I clear my screen.…
You can do a kubectl describe deployment…bad-helloworld-deployment,…and this gives you the description of the entire deployment.…As you can see over here, we have information about…the specific deployment, pod template, conditions,…replica set information, and under events it says,…"Scaled up replica set bad-helloworld-deployment to 1."…So from a deployment perspective,…there doesn't seem to be anything going on.…
Let's look at it from a pod perspective.…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
Kubelet and kube proxy2m 13s
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
4. Making it Production Ready
5. Kubernetes 201
6. Advanced Topics
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.