Add, edit, and delete labels for the existing application to provide context and searchability.
- [Instructor] in this section make sure that you…are looking at the exercise file for this specific movie.…If I do an ls minus al, you'll notice…that there are three files with this section,…the Readme, the helloworld-pod-with-labels.yml,…and a sample-infrastructure-with-labels.yml.…We're going to use both of these files as sample data…that we want to create deployments and services with,…which are already going to have labels associated with them.…So for the first section, let's actually look…at the helloworld-pod with yml.…I'm going to vi helloworld-pod-with-labels.yml.…
This is a simple pod which has some labels…called env production, author karthequian,…application type ui, and a release version of 1.0.…So I'm going to run this, kubectl create minus f…and let's make sure that the pod is online.…Alright, sounds good.…
We have a helloworld pod, ready status,…which is in the status of running…and it's been online for seven seconds.…So we've seen this before, but how do we actually…look at the labels associated with that.…
- What is containerization?
- Kubernetes features
- Clusters, nodes, and pods
- Deployments, jobs, and services
- Getting an application up and running
- Working with labels
- Handling application upgrades
- Dealing with configuration data
- Running jobs
- Production deployments
- Monitoring and logging
- Security in Kubernetes
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: breaking down the Hello World application.
DevOps Foundations: Containerswith David Linthicum1h 16m Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. Containerization with Kubernetes
2. Kubernetes: The Terminology
Kubelet and kube proxy2m 13s
3. Kubernetes 101: Hello World
4. Making it Production Ready
5. Kubernetes 201
6. Advanced Topics
Next steps2m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.