Join Chiu-Ki Chan for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Kotlin for Android: Best Practices.
- [Instructor] For this course, I assume that you're already comfortable with writing Android apps in Java. I won't be explaining Android programming concepts, but instead, I will be focusing on Kotlin. I also assume that you have written an Android app in Kotlin. Nothing really complicated, just Hello World, so that you have set up the two chain, and you know how to compile an Android app using Kotlin. And that's it, the rest I will walk you through within this course.
- What’s special about Kotlin?
- Converting your Java code into Kotlin
- Using the lateinit keyword
- Scope functions
- Kotlin Android extensions
- Using the elvis operator
- Functional programming
- Android KTX
Skill Level Intermediate
Intermediate Kotlin for Android Developerswith Annyce Davis2h 8m Intermediate
Kotlin Essential Training (2018)with David Gassner3h 45m Beginner
1. From Java to Kotlin
2. Properties and Fields
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.