Get acquainted with Kotlin—the concise, fun language that is now officially supported by Google as an Android development language—and learn about its efficiencies and power in Android development.
- [Annyce] Kotlin is an officially supported language for the Android platform. It's concise, safe, and interoperable with Java. But more importantly, it makes developing Android applications very enjoyable. My name is Annyce Davis and I specialize in Android application development. For over a decade, I have been working in the software industry and I've come to love the power we have to transform lives through technology. Although technology is ever-changing, once in a while, something comes along that fundamentally changes how we approach code.
Kotlin is one of those things. In this course, we're going to learn about the various features of Kotlin that make it ideal for Android development. First, we're going to review Kotlin's syntax, then we'll take a look at extension functions and how they help to power your application. Next, we'll look at Anko, a library focused on making your code clean and easy to read by wrapping various Android APIs. We'll also look at code routines.
These help you to write simple, asynchronous code. And finally, we'll review how Kotlin helps your collections to have superpowers. Kotlin is an exciting new language and I can't wait to share with you the ways it can help make your Android development process more enjoyable.
- What Kotlin has to offer
- Working with lambdas
- Common Android extension functions
- Kotlin Android Extensions overview
- Making use of the Anko library
- Working with coroutines
- Nullability and collections
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Data Persistence Librarieswith Annyce Davis4h 52m Intermediate
Developing AWS Lambda Functions with Kotlinwith Troy Miles1h 55m Intermediate
1. Kotlin Overview
2. Extension Functions and Properties
3. Incorporating Anko
4. Advanced Anko
5. Working with Collections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.