- What’s special about Kotlin?
- Converting your Java code into Kotlin
- Using the lateinit keyword
- Scope functions
- Kotlin Android extensions
- Using the elvis operator
- Functional programming
- Android KTX
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Kotlin is the modern programming language created by JetBrains. It is very popular in the agile community especially after Google announced first party support in 2017. Understanding how to take advantage of Kotlin language features will help you write more readable code and get you started on your journey to discover the joy of Kotlin. In this course, I will highlight a few Kotlin best practices that I have found very useful for Android. I'm Chiu-Ki Chan, a Google developer expert for Android. Join me in my LinkedIn Learning course to explore how to use Kotlin effectively when designing an Android app.
Intermediate Kotlin for Android Developerswith Annyce Davis2h 8m Intermediate
Learning Kotlin for Android Developmentwith Kevin Moore1h 1m Intermediate
1. From Java to Kotlin
2. Properties and Fields
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.