In this video, learn how Anko can simplify your interactions with Intents and the default Android Logger. By making use of Anko, you can make some of the Android APIs more friendly to work with.
- [Instructor] Let's see how Anko can simplify our…interactions with intense and the default Android logger.…It's a library so we just need to make sure we have the…dependency in our build.gradle file.…At the time of this recording, it's 0.10.3.…And then here on line 34 you can see that it's part of the…Anko commons component.…Now let's start by updating our planet list activity.…We want this class to use some of the Anko extension…methods.…
So let's clean up the on click listener that's inside…of our planets adapter which starts here on line 39.…Right now we create an intent that contains the planet…id as an extra.…And you can see that here on line 42, we then provide…this intent to the start activity method…of the context class here on line 45.…But there's a lot of boiler plate code involved.…So let's see how we can achieve this goal with…less code using Anko extensions.…
So the first thing we're going to do is comment out this code…here.…And then we're going to start by adding Anko extensions.…So let's give ourselves a little bit of space.…
- What Kotlin has to offer
- Working with lambdas
- Common Android extension functions
- Kotlin Android Extensions overview
- Making use of the Anko library
- Working with coroutines
- Nullability and collections
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Data Persistence Librarieswith Annyce Davis4h 52m Intermediate
Developing AWS Lambda Functions with Kotlinwith Troy Miles1h 55m Intermediate
1. Kotlin Overview
2. Extension Functions and Properties
3. Incorporating Anko
4. Advanced Anko
5. Working with Collections
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.