Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Automation in Logic, part of KONTAKT: Advanced Instrumentation and Sound Design.
- Now, let's do some automation.…So I'm gonna go ahead and grab KONTAKT out of here.…Got a lot of cool things that we can automate…in this instrument.…And just remember that with KONTAKT,…especially because of the fact…that we're dealing with a multi-rack,…there's a near limitless number of parameters…that would be available to us for automation.…So instead of making it confusing and communicating…all of those parameters to Logic, all the time,…KONTAKT just says, "You know what bro?…"Why don't you go take a rest?…"I will let you know when I want to do some automation."…So, let's let Logic know.…
Up until now, it's not paying attention…to any of these knobs.…But let's go down here, and let's say…we want to automate a Reverb Send, okay?…So I'll just grab a Reverb there.…We'll open up the Sends.…Let me turn this on down.…And I have to go over to this Automation tab.…You wanna make sure you're on Host Automation.…MIDI Automation is for MIDI Learning,…and I highly suggest that you do…your MIDI Learning through your DAW.…
- Loading and routing MIDI
- Multi-output routing
- Customizing with audio FX and modulation
- Time stretching audio
- Layering groups
- Instruments and buss FX
- Resampling and customizing instrument
- Audio editing in the Wave editor
Skill Level Intermediate
Ableton Live 9: Programming Beatswith Yeuda Ben-Atar2h 27m Intermediate
1. Advanced Instrumentation and Sound Design in KONTAKT
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.