- Exploring the tools of the trade
- Setting up a slide deck
- Developing a slide theme with fonts, images, and colors
- Creating a storyboard
- Choosing software
- Using images as backgrounds
- Exploring the rules of slide typography
- Building charts and graphs
- Creating text and image focal points
- Effectively using animations and transitions
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, there. My name is Justin Seeley and I'm a staff author here at Lynda.com. I'd like to welcome you to this course on designing presentations. Whether you're pitching your big idea to a group of VCs or delivering a key note speech at a conference, or just showcasing annual sales numbers at your company retreat, having a good presentation is essential. In this course, I'm gonna walk you through my process for creating effective and engaging presentations using a variety of different techniques, tools, and methodologies. First off, we'll talk about what makes up a great presentation and I'll show you some examples to that affect.
From there, we'll work on developing themes for your presentations. Where you'll learn how to select the right colors, images, and fonts for your presentations. Once we got our theme nailed down, we'll start putting it all together. Focusing on presentation typography, how to showcase data properly, and how to effectively control what I call "focal points". Hopefully, by the end of this course, you'll be well versed in the art of presentation building and ready to deliver your next project with confidence and style. Alright, enough talking. If you're ready, let's begin our look at designing presentations.