Start your free trial now, and begin learning software, business and creative skills—anytime, anywhere—with video instruction from recognized industry experts.
About the Author
Kevin Sloan, ASLA, RLA, is a landscape architect, writer, and professor. The work of his professional practice, Kevin Sloan Studio, in Dallas, Texas, has been nationally and internationally recognized. When Kevin devised a biofiltration street for the Dallas Urban Reserve, the journal ECOSTRUCTURE distinguished it as "One of Seven Innovative Projects in 2010."
Selected Projects as Founder of Kevin Sloan Studio
- Vitruvian Park, City of Addison, Addison, Texas
- Casa Linda Park Pavilion, City of Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Casa Linda Park Playground, City of Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- Airfield Falls Park, Tarrant Regional Water District, Fort Worth, Texas
- Glazer Building Site Improvements, Tarrant Regional Water District, Fort Worth, Texas
- Alamo Transit Mall, City of San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
- Savoye I Multi-use Development, UDR, Addison, Texas
- Sprint World Headquarters, Overland Park, Kansas
- Water Street Multi-use Development, Gables Residential, Irving, Texas
- R. Gerald Turner Centennial Quadrangle, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- Urban Reserve, Urban Edge Developers, Dallas, Texas
- Uptown Trail Multifamily Development, Gables Residential, Dallas, Texas
- Snyder Residence, Fort Worth, Texas
Mr. Sloan holds a master of architecture degree from Syracuse University. A 2000 Harvard Loeb Fellows finalist, he has taught architecture, landscape architecture, and urban design at Syracuse University, and is currently a visiting assistant professor at the University of Texas at Arlington School of Architecture.
Mr. Sloan has written numerous articles for professional publications, including Landscape Architecture Magazine and Texas Architect.