Learn how to test the fault-tolerance of the system by killing one node and monitoring its status.
- [Instructor] Now that we have our multi-broker cluster…up and running, and our replicated topic,…I thought it'd be good for us to…test the Fault Tolerance of it,…and actually see what happens.…I'll open up a new terminal window here,…and I'll just resize this a little bit,…so you can read it better.…And first, what I want to do is, set up my producer.…So, this is the thing that's going to…send messages to my topic.…Make sure that you're in the correct folder,…which is wherever you extracted kafka.…
And, I'm going to run the Console Producer.…Tell it where the broker list is,…and what the topic I want to produce messages to is.…Now that that's there, I'll shrink that down,…and I'll create a new window, which is going to be my consumer.…So, we'll shrink this one down,…and resize it a little bit, so it's easier to read.…Make sure that we're in the correct directory here.…And we're just going to run the consumer,…and point it at my replicated topic.…So now, if you have set this up before, and done anything,…you'll have some messages in there,…
- Understanding the Kafka log
- Creating topics
- Partitioning topics across brokers
- Installing and testing Kafka locally
- Sending and receiving messages
- Setting up a multibroker cluster
- Testing fault tolerance
Skill Level Intermediate
Transitioning from Data Warehousing to Big Datawith Alan Simon1h 50m Intermediate
Big Data Foundations: Program Managementwith Alan Simon1h 11m Intermediate
1. Why Use Kafka?
2. Core Concepts
4. Installing and Testing Kafka Locally
5. Real-World Examples
6. Distributions and Packaging
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.